Photo via www.ccprc.com
Our pets love us unconditionally – so why not give back to your best friends by bringing them out to experience a day of fun, frolic and exploration? Pets and their owners are invited to join Charleston County Parks for a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment and more at Charleston’s premiere pet festival, Pet Fest, Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11 from 12 – 6 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park! Mark your calendars!
Now a two-day event, Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products, and services in a fun, pet-friendly environment. Pet Fest 2009 hosted over 1600 pets and their owners.
Pet Fest 2010 highlights include:
· K9’s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving– Shows currently scheduled for 1, 3 and 5 p.m.
· Dock Diving for visiting canines (new for 2010!), for a charitable donation to Humane Net
· Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest – Enter your dog for a chance to be on the cover of Lowcountry Dog Magazine
· Dolittle’s Interactive Tent – Tons of fun doggie games and a chance to win a year supply of food
· Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed Dog Show” – Enter your own purebred or family dog
· Canine Good Citizen Tests – Would your pooch make a good therapy dog (Saturday only)
· Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, A Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit
· Dog costume contest (new for 2010!) – Dress your best to win prizes
· Chow Down Like Your Hound – Human-grade dog food eating contest (kids and adults)
· Lowcountry Kitten Rescue Animal ER – Ages 8 & up can explore careers in veterinary medicine
· Microchipping Clinic (Saturday Only)
· STAR (Search Tactics And Rescue) Demonstrations
· Veterinarians, Trainers, Groomers and Pet Suppliers
· Rescue Groups and Adoption Centers will have adoptable animals on-site
· Children’s Activities
· Plenty of food and beverages including special treats for the pooches
Plus, at this year’s event, meet Charleston County Parks’ official top dog mascot, Zoey. Also revealed at the event will be the winner of “From Fat to Fit: A Canine Fitness Challenge.”
Don’t miss Pet Fest, Saturday, April 10 from noon to 6 p.m. and Sunday, April 11 from noon to 6 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park. Admission is $5 per day. Parking is limited, so be sure to arrive early or carpool. Children 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and leashed pets are free. For further information or a current schedule of happenings call 795-4FUN (4386) or visit www.ccprc.com/petfest.
Take a look back at all the fun from Pet Fest 2009 and be sure to attend Pet Fest 2010 to enter LCD’s Cover Model Contest for your dog’s chance to be on the cover of an issue of Lowcountry Dog Magazine! We hope to see you all there!